Monday, February 15, 2010

www.AshleyGatta.com


I’ve got a new website! I fall into the category of musicians who have squeaked by with just a MySpace page for far too long. Despite being intimidated by the technology of a website and the fear of having an uber-cheesy page, I’ve decided it was time to get with the times and create a website. Visit www.ashleygatta.com to check it out. There you can find pictures, music, news, booking info, band bios, and you can preorder your copy of Where the Humble Go.

For this blog entry I’ve decided to introduce you to my band by featuring their bios as part of the blog. So, meet The Free People:

Sam Witt- Keys

Name: Samuel Witt

Instrument(s) you play: I'm a dabbler, but mostly Piano.

Hometown: El Paso, TX

Musical Influences: Here are a few artists that have crossed my path and made such an impression on me that I was moved to cultivate my own music. Insyderz, Shane & Shane, Mute Math, Imogen Heap, Daft Punk. Lately, Jazz artists have been making a big impact on me.

Favorite "Ashley Gatta" song to play: It changes, but I like Grace Face’s groove and the way triplets sound on it.

Currently listening to: Lettuce

Interests/hobbies: I have my phases of interest. Some days, I like going to local shows, other days, I wanna just stay home and watch a movie. I like finishing books, but I need to get better at retaining the information inside them.

Any other facts about you you'd like to share...a funny story, embarrassing moment, where you went to school, your favorite food, etc.: The most frequent question I get asked is "what ethnicity are you?" to which I usually reply, "Probably Hispanic". Upon noticing the uncertainty of my own Hispanic-ness, one usually says. "probably??!" to which I proceed in explaining that I was adopted at 3 days old, not really certain who the mom was. But in some cases one might say nothing but "oh." and leave it at that. In rare cases, I am left with no option to relieve them of their curiosities because they have relieved themselves thinking I'm Turkish, African American, or even Indian, and that leads to embarrassment to both parties. Since there are tooo many embarrassing moments to list (not only related to ethnicity), I'll just list a few facts about myself. I'm studying music at UNT, and am almost done. I have a growing love for Life in the strictest sense of that capital L word, and am happy to be playing music. :)

Taylor Kami- Drums

Name: Taylor Kami

Instrument(s) you play: Percussion

Hometown: Mililani, HI

Musical Influences: Led Zeppelin; Dave Matthews Band; U2

Favorite "Ashley Gatta" song to play: Play My Guitar

Currently listening to: Rubber Soul (The Beatles)

Interests/hobbies: Ice cream, potato chips, chocolate, dog training

Any other facts about you you'd like to share...a funny story, embarrassing moment, where you went to school, your favorite food, etc.: I love my students at Roach Middle School!

Jiovanni Smith- Electric Guitar

Name: Jiovanni Smith

Instrument(s) you play: Guitar/keys

Hometown: Duncanville

Musical Influences: PRINCE, Sade, Jimi Hendrix, Santana, and Arlington Jones

Favorite "Ashley Gatta" song to play: Ain't Nobody

Currently listening to: Sade's soldier of love

Interests/hobbies: FOOTBALL, Basketball

Any other facts about you you'd like to share...a funny story, embarrassing moment, where you went to school, your favorite food, etc.: Ran track and tried out for 2 professional Arena league football teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment