Thursday, November 5, 2009

More songs about Texas. I just can't resist!


Hey Friends!

I hope you’re all getting pumped about the holiday album that is coming out because I’m really excited about it. I’m going to forwarn you, it’s kind of bootleg. I mean, I recorded it on my mac, and it’s just just me and my guitar, with some keyboard and background vocals on a couple songs. With that said, I still think the songs are all really great. They’re definitely not your typical Christmas songs. In fact, they’re not even all about Christmas. There’s one song called Autumn in Texas which is about the fact that such a thing doesn’t really exist. I’ve just got one more song to record and once that is finished, as well as the artwork, I’ll be posting the album on Noisetrade.com/AshleyGatta where you’ll be able to either pay what you want for the album or get it for free by suggesting 5 of your friends check out the music, too.

I entered a contest with Austin’s local Christian radio station, The River, and made it to the top 25 for an indie artist showcase. The winner gets…an interview, I think. The prize is kind of just bragging rights, but either way, it’d be cool to get some publicity from it, so if you get a chance, go vote. I’m number 6 in the contestant lineup, and I’m pretty sure you can vote as often as you want. In fact, tell all of your friends about it and ask them to vote, too. Just copy and paste this link to share it with your friends: http://www.theriver1023.com/pages/riverpages.html?feed=139053&article=6240204

Things are still underway for “Where the Humble Go”, my first full-length album that is currently in production. Nearly all of the instrumentation is finished so before long I’ll be in there recording vocals. Everything is sounding really great so far and I can’t wait for it be finished! Also, I’ll be touring next year to promote the album. Send me a message telling me if I should come to your hometown! I am down for going anywhere, even it’s the most random town ever. All I ask is that you get a ton of people to come to the show….and that you let me sleep on your couch. No, seriously.

As usual I’m busy playing a bunch of shows so I hope you can make it out to one soon. Most of them are at cozy little coffee shops, which is the perfect way to spend a fall evening with your friends. Also, if you’ve come to one of my shows in the last month or two, you may notice that I’ve been accompanied by my friend, Taylor, on percussion. And yes, he is playing a box, it’s a Peruvian drum called a “cajon” (pronounced ka-hone). This week we’ll be in Denton on Thursday, Dallas on Friday, and Hurst on Sunday.

Thursday, Nov. 5th, 9pm

UNICEF Art Show and Benefit

Art 6, 424 Bryan St. Denton, TX

Also playing: Aaron Purdy

Friday, Nov. 6th, 8:30pm

Opening Bell Coffee

1409 S. Lamar St. Dallas, TX

Also Playing: Disco Hate, The Truth About Moviestars, and Careflyte

Sunday, Nov. 8th, 6:30pm

TexasCSA Church Partnership Outreach Concert

Word of Love Church, 1860 Precinct Line Rd. Hurst, TX

Also playing: Ebenezer

Monday, Nov. 9th, 7:30pm

Song & Story: singer/songwriters share their music and the stories behind it.

The Hydrant, 424 Bryan St. Denton, TX

Also playing: Aryn Michelle, Matt Terrill, and Julian Pastrana

Tuesday, Nov. 10th, 7pm

Spin 180 with Drue Mitchell of 89.7 Power FM

Spin Lounge, 2901 W. Irving Blvd. Irving, TX

Also playing: Jenn Petersen

Friday, Nov. 20th, at 7:30pm

Roots Coffeehouse, 9101 Hwy 26, Suite 101 North Richland Hills, TX

Also playing: Summer Ames

Saturday, Nov. 21st, at 7pm

The Venue, 13851 FM 548 Forney, TX

Also playing: TBA

Thursday, Dec. 3rd, at 5:45pm

Christmas caroling, street corner style w/ wassail from The Hydrant

The corner of Elm & Hickory Denton, TX

Also playing: Chase Johnson, Jenn Petersen, Jon Ladner, Mark Apel

Saturday, Dec. 12th, 8:30pm

White Rock Coffee, 10105 E. NW Hwy Dallas, TX

Also playing: Brekkewall


No comments:

Post a Comment